Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pasta e Fagoli

This turned out AMAZING!! I was nervous about all the ingredients but it ended up being SUPER tasty!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp oil
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion; chopped
2-3 carrots; slivered (I put it in my processor)
2 stalks celery; diced
1 cans diced tomatoes
1 can Red Kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
32oz Beef Broth
1 1/2 tsp Oregano
1 1/4 tsp Pepper
2 1/2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
3/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
24 oz Spaghetti Sauce
6 oz dry pasta (I used macaroni noodles)

Directions:
In a large sauce pan, Saute beef in oil in skillet until brown.
Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add beans, beef broth, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce, noodles.
Simmer until carrots and celery are tender. (Approx. 45 minutes)

This fed 3 adults and 2 kids and I still had about 8 cups leftover!

No comments:

Post a Comment