Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dinner Tonight: Shredded Pork BBQ

Crock pot is my friend.... it makes wednesday church nights sooooo much easier!!

I bought a pork tenderloin on sale last week at Bi-Lo and my friend gave me an awesome EASY!! recipe for Shredded Pork BBQ.

Ingredients:

Water
Pork Tenderloin
BBQ sauce (whatever you prefer)
Salt and Pepper (optional)

Directions:

Put your tenderloin in the crock pot.
Fill some water up about halfway on your pork.
I seasoned it (to taste) with some salt and pepper.
Turn it on high for about 5 hours (or low if your going to be gone all day).
Drain the water out of the bottom and shred your meat with a fork. (It should just fall apart... if it doesn't, its not done yet).
My crock pot has a "keep warm" setting, so I turned it on that and soaked the meat in BBQ sauce (I used a brown sugar and hickory because my hubby likes tomato-based sauce and I like sweet)

We are going to have macaroni and cheese and green beans.... This is my first time make this and its turned out pretty tasty. I'm excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment