Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Smoothies are my favorite!

So for christmas I wanted a blender! So my wonderful husband went out and found me the best blender he could find. So for Christmas I got a NINJA!! It is AMAZING!!! If you have a Costless Outlet nearby, I saw one for about $35... and it was a 3 piece, blender/processor set.

I want to share my smoothie recipe with you, so you can go make your own. I found I was spending $7 a cup on smoothies at Smoothie King and Planet. But the ones I make at home are just as good and actually fresh and not soaked in syrup.



Ingredients:
Frozen Strawberries
Can of Crushed Pineapple
Apple Juice
Orange Sherbert or Mango Sorbet (or yogurt of your choice)

I make my batch for 2 adults and 2 kids, so its a pretty good bit. I put the bottom layer of strawberries to the 1 or 1 1/2 cup mark. Then I pour Apple Juice to the top of the strawberries. I then add 2 or 3 scoops (I use an ice cream scoop) of Pineapple. Then 2-3 scoops of sorbet/sherbert. I have needed to add ice unless I put too much juice. Just play with it because its tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment