Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dinner Last Night: My Best Spaghetti Sauce Yet

I have been working very hard to find my favorite spaghetti sauce. And last night was by far my favorite of my sauces.



Ingredients:
1 lb Ground beef
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 can of Hunts Spaghetti Sauce
1 can of Hunts Diced tomatoes
1/2 tbsp of parsley
1/2 tbsp of oregano
1/8 cup of sugar

Directions:
1. Heat oil in a skillet, add garlic and onions then ground beef (season as desired - i just used salt and pepper) and brown. (If you use a leaner meat you wont need to drain, which will actually make the sauce better because all that oil soaked up the garlic and onions and will add flavor to the sauce)
2. Put spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and meat in the pot.
3. Add parsley, oregano, and sugar.
4. Stir and let simmer for at least an hour.
5. Boil pasta and serve!

I made some garlic bread to go with! I just sliced some french bread, buttered them and sprinkle them with Lawry's garlic salt. Bake them at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment