Hint: don't over fill it because it will pop and possibly break due to pressure - I learned that one the hard way!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your waffle iron (according to manual).
- Melt butter in a microwave bowl (20-30 seconds)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar
- In a separate bowl, beat together milk and eggs
- Whisk liquid mixture into dry ingredients until combined
- Stir in the melted butter
- Brush hot iron with butter or Spray with Pam
- Spoon a little over a 1/2 cup batter on iron (make sure the batter in a thin layer covering the iron)
- Close to cook.
- Now if you have the newer waffle makers it has a timer on it (mine does) which makes it a bit easier. But if you don't make the first waffle a tester.
I can generally get about 4-5 large waffles out of this recipe!
Last time I made waffles, I made a double batch and froze the leftover cooked waffles. I need to figure out a better method of freezing because stacking them and putting in a freezer bag worked but peeling them apart was a pain. I toasted them in the toaster oven, fully frozen, for about 10 min and they were very tasty!