Friday, January 6, 2012

Homemade Pizza

So using my amazing bread machine, I decided to make some pizza dough from scratch using this recipe.  

After the dough cycle was complete, I lightly coated a glass pyrex bowl with some vegetable oil and placed the ball of dough in. I covered the bowl with plastic wrap and placed in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour.  (The fridge slows down the rising process a bit. The first time I tried to make this recipe, I pulled it straight out of the bread machine and made the pizza. It was a big mess because it kept rising while I was trying to roll it out and put the toppings on.)

After it was done sitting in the fridge, I kneaded it a bit and cut the ball of dough in half. The second half of dough I placed in the freezer to be saved for another pizza. 
The first half, I rolled out with a rolling pin and shaped on the pizza pan, rolling the ends to make a crust.
I just used some Ragu Pizza Sauce and spread it around the pizza using a spoon. 
Then I added a good bit of shredded mozzerella cheese.
Added my desired toppings (we wanted a half and half pizza - half bacon and mushrooms, half zucchini and grape tomatoes - I typically use Roma but grape was all I had in the fridge). Then add a little extra mozzarella on top if your a cheese lover!
 Bake for 400 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.
YUMMY!!!
This was a pepperoni pizza, I made from the same dough recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment