Friday, January 20, 2012

Angry Bird Can Toss

I found this idea on Pinterest, and as much as my kids love the Angry Birds game and are in need of outside activities, I figured I would make it for them. I had originally wanted to make it for Christmas but I didn't complete them in time.

Using the tutorial here, I saved up my cans and went hunting for a red dodgeball. Can I just say how ridiculous it was to find an inexpensive red dodgeball!  I ended up finding one on sale for cyber monday at ToysRus.com.

I googled the angry bird faces and cut and cropped them in the paint program until I got the size I wanted. 

Next the cans, in the tutorial, she spray painted them and then painted them. I tried to just paint them first not realizing what I was doing.  If I had to do it over again, I would either prime the metal or sand it before I painted it because after the first use the paint was already scratching off.
Then using my printed face cutouts, I stenciled the faces on to the ball and cans and painted.


These were a lot of fun to make but I think the enjoyment my kids have gotten out of them make it even more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment