Sunday, May 1, 2011

I wished for talking and thats what I'm getting...

So Jackson, my 3 year old (4 in August), has had his own language until about 6 months ago. He had plenty to say and all the right tone inflections but nobody could understand a word that child would say... even I couldn't understand! I just knew what he wanted by his hand gestures and facial expressions. Well I put him in speech therapy a couple of months ago. He was beginning to talk but only fragments of words, so I figured we'd try it out especially since he wasn't in daycare and is too young for regular school. Let me tell you, it has worked wonders!! That boy is saying things that shock me! He puts sentences together, sings full songs, says his prayers, counts to ten (before he could barely count to 5 and always left out 2), attempting his alphabet, and he gets his point across very well (If only he could remember to say please). It amazes me to think this little man is growing up so quickly. He talks to me, is drawing pictures legibly, feeds himself, puts on his clothes and shoes by himself. I am so in awe of how smart he is and how quickly he is learning. One thing this child has never had a problem with is sports or anything physically active. He loves playing sports and being active, when he was just a little baby he picked up a tennis ball and nearly knocked our heads clean off. He loves being outside and running and playing, I love it! He is shooting basketballs in a big boy net now. I don't know if I'm ready for all this but here is comes, ready or not....


Now Andrew on the other hand, he is a trip. At 18 months he is already trying to speak sentences, is very clear about what he wants, and is quick to scream if he doesn't get it. But his fine motor skills shock me! He can handle tiny objects and put them in there exact place. He is such a different kid than Jackson. Jackson is a more relaxed, stable, easy going kid; but Andrew is a stubborn, strong-willed, volatile child, always wanting to do things his way on his time. He is my challenge because hes too much like me. Everyday I see it with the way he responds to situations. But when this boy is happy, you can't help but want to just eat him up! He is a ham and loves attention. He needs constant holding and face time or else you will feel his wrath. Which is the most ridiculous thing ever because he is 1 year old! He is also too smart for his own good.


Only by God's grace alone are Tim and I going to make it through this with two God fearing, amazing little boys. And only by His grace are we going to still be sane at the end! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment