Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry



I made the most amazing Chicken Stir Fry last night! Its definitely going on the menu! I'm not sure where I got the recipe from so I will just have to write it out.

I fed 2 adults and 2 kids with it and we had only a little leftover. I used a normal 10" skillet but eventually I would like to get a Wok! I steamed the rice using a rice cooker. I got mine for $15 at Target. It also steams vegetables!

Ingredients:
1 lb. Chicken breast strips
2 tbsp Olive oil
4 cups of Veggies (I used Zucchini, Green/Red Pepper, Carrot, and a Yellow Onion)
1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tsp Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cup rice


1. Stir fry chicken (salt and pepper to taste) in hot oil in a large skillet until brown


2. Remove Chicken and Add Vegetables

3. Mix together broth, cornstarch, soy, and sugar.
4. Once veggies are crisp, add the chicken and broth mixture and boil for 2 minutes.

5. Serve over hot rice. (I started cooking the rice when I started the chicken)


It was done in 20-30 minutes and was sooo tasty! Even my kids gobbled it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment