Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cookie Monster Cupcakes


So for Jackson's birthday, I had originally wanted to make robot cupcakes but I didn't plan ahead and realized robot cupcakes would take time and supplies, which I didn't have. So I settled on Cookie Monster. If I had planned for those I would have bought/made mini cookies to go in the mouth but again, I procrastinated!

The quality of these pictures aren't going to be a good since my camera charger has gone missing and I had to use my iPhone. But they were too cute not to post!

For these cupcakes, I used chocolate cake from a box. Normally, I love working from scratch but as I said before I procrastinated. I also used Icing from a jar because I can't seem to get icing right when I try to make it from scratch. But I did color the icing using Wilton's Icing colors Royal Blue for the monster hair and Black for the lining. I didn't have to color the white.

After the cupcakes were baked and cooled, and the icing is mixed and ready, Its time to decorate! I have a Wilton Cake Decorating set, I got it for a steal at Michaels with a 50% off coupon in there store ad. It has everything I need!

For the hair on the monster, I used Tip #18. I had to make a lot of them and it was tedious so I started by making a criss cross over the cupcake.



Then I filled each triangle in until the top was filled in.





I used Tip #12 for the white icing.



I used Tip #5 for the black icing.



I loved making these, I will also enjoy watching a class of 4 year olds devour them! I think I'm going to enjoy preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment