Monday, April 11, 2011

Macaroni and Cheese

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately... I have been in my kitchen creating! Well maybe not so much creating as much as testing recipes I googled... but I feel like I'm creating!

I have been making this Mac and cheese since 2007 when my wonderful friend Alexis gave me her recipe! I've tweaked it a bit and made it my own but her recipe is still the rock!

Ingredients:

8oz block of sharp cheddar cheese

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups cooked noodles (I vary between macaroni, rotini, and shells usually)

1/2 stick of butter or margarine

1/2 cup of milk

Directions:

1. Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside

2. Cut up cheese block into cubes

3. Turn burner on low and melt butter

4. Add cheese cubes to butter and melt completely (keep stirring so it doesn't burn on bottom of pan)

5. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk together

6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

7. Lay cooked noodles in 8 x 8 Pyrex (or whatever you choose to cook in) and add egg/milk mixture, stir them all together. 8. Pour your cheese/butter mixture on top and gently mix together. (sometimes I will sprinkle some shredded cheese on top for a little extra) 9. Bake for 35 minutes and ENJOY!

(haha... sorry I had forgotten to take the picture before I served it up!)

1 comment:

  1. The secret of success is constancy of purpose. Benjamin Disraeli

    ReplyDelete