Monday, January 31, 2011

Tonight's Dinner: Stroganoff

This recipe has been passed down in my family for, as far as i know, 3 generations! I learned to make it when I was in the 6th grade. I don't have exacts because i've always done it by color but I can give you a general idea.

Ingredients:

Egg Noodles
1lb ground beef
1 (10.5 oz) can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1/3 of (16 oz) container of Sour Cream
Ketchup

Recipe:

I recommend start boiling the water as your browing the meat because this meal cooks quicker than you think. And cook egg noodles as directed by package.

Brown ground beef in a skillet (season as desired, I use garlic salt). Drain and return to pan.
Mix the whole can of Cream of Mushroom in with meat. Simmer for a few minutes until it bubbles slightly. Then add sour cream and mix it up, let it simmer until it bubbles slightly. (Don't cook too high or it will curd) If you want it a little soupier add just a little bit of milk to loosen it up. Then slowly add the ketchup, this is tricky because if you add too much it doesn't taste good (it will be super orange) but if you don't add enough it doesn't as good. Just play with it until you get it right. But once you add the ketchup and let it simmer until it bubbles, put it on top of your cooked egg noodles and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment