Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Card Table Playhouse

So this Christmas, we were on a budget so I decided to make most of our gifts. Plus I have this wonderful sewing machine and tons of ideas!

When I was a kid, my grandmother made each of us a card table playhouse. Hers were so elaborate! The had our names on them with gorgeous windows and flowers. I so wish I could find the picture of it, hopefully one day I will. But I decided my kids' should have one as well.
So I found a tutorialette here and I bought some dark green and camo felt  while it was on sale at Hancock Fabrics during the Christmas sales, pulled out my sewing machine and got to work!
Side view
The Front Door
I used ribbons for the tie ups
The windows are on both sides
Happy kid in his new playhouse!!



No comments:

Post a Comment