Monday, October 10, 2011

They grow up so fast...

The other evening, in my backyard; Jackson, Andrew, Tim and I played a riveting game of putting each other in jail.  It consisted of Daddy trying to keep Jackson in jail and mommy trying to get Jackson out. Then it switched, Jackson and I tried to keep Daddy in Jail.  And Andrew just followed us around and went where ever Jackson was.

As I was running around my backyard chasing after Tim and Jackson, I realized that Jackson has finally hit that stage, that preschooler stage that comes right after toddler.  He is using his imagination, playing games, pretending, and can almost speak a complete sentence!

Jackson has always had alot to say, even when he was a baby. But we could never get him to stop long enough to say words! So at 3 years old, we put him in Speech Therapy with a recommendation from the pediatrician. He finally started to speak a few words very clearly and the rest of the words were mumbled or nonexistent. I think that was one of my fears about putting him in school was that the kids would make fun of him because they couldn't understand them.  I think I underestimated how smart he really is.  Because that night, when we came inside from playing, he went to daddy and told him a complete recap of what took place outside and we could understand him! I love that we are able to have conversations with him now! I couldn't do without the back talk but I guess you take the good with the bad.

I've also decided that learning to play games and pretending has got to be one of those developmental stages because even just 3 or 4 months ago, I could not get him to play any sort of game with him.  He wanted to do everything on his own or do it exactly his way. Now he is playing with us and pretending to be other people or characters.  He is so much more fun to play with now especially since he doesn't cry every time you do something he doesn't like. 

Watching my babies grow up has to be the most interesting thing I've ever been able to experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment