Max Costume & Tutorial
But I couldn't download the pattern, so I ended up getting a pattern for a jumpsuit with hood and just adding the ears, buttons, tail, and whiskers as I went along.
|The hood before the whiskers were added|
|I've decided that this looked more like a beaver tail but I was too tired to go back and change it|
|I forgot to add the tail so I had to go back and do it later|
|Totally figured out the button hole feature on my sewing machine for this costume!|
The Wild Things head wasn't originally in the plan but I stumbled across this Instructable on Instructables.com (which is my new favorite site for craft making): Wild Thing Headpiece
The guy who made it did an awesome job and walks you through the basic steps but gives you freedom with size and style. I loved it!
I decided after this project that I have a love/hate relationship with the glue gun! I love the projects it hold together and hate the blisters on my fingers!
|The base was made out of cardboard and duct tape|
|Cotton fabric for the main piece|
|stuffed with polyester filling|
|The face is made from cream felt and the eyes,nose & horns were fleece|
|The hair was faux fur and teeth were felt|
|The lower jaw is foam wrapped in felt and fleece with felt teeth|