Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sauteed Aspargus

So I've never really done a whole lot with fresh vegetables before this summer... a little embarrassing I know but I was a little intimidated by them plus I always thought that can vegetables were fine. But this summer, I got started buying some fresh veggies and playing with them. Now I'm not sure if I can eat can vegetables anymore... I've been spoiled!

My absolute favorite right now is Asparagus! I never really had them before and when I did they were canned and I DID NOT like them! I originally steamed them and they were wonderful but someone suggested I saute them, so I went recipe hunting. I found a few that didn't quite work, so I ended up using the recipes as a guide and made a more simple version.

Ingredients:
1 bunch fresh asparagus
3 tablespoon butter
3 garlic cloves, minced

Directions:

1. Wash and Trim the asparagus


2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the garlic and asparagus
4. Cover and cook for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally (This will make them crisp and tender, any longer on the skillet and they become mushy)

5. Serve and Enjoy!! I personally at a touch of sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment