So I googled Barbie Cake recipes and found one on Allrecipes.com, Barbie Doll Cake Recipe, That seemed fairly simple to make. But cakes tend to have a mind of their own so I had to modify a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart ovenproof Pyrex glass mixing bowl & 8 inch (or 9 in) Square Pan with shortening and dust with flour.
- Prepare cake packages separately as directed on box. Pour 1st box into prepared bowl and 2nd in square pan.
- Bake Square pan as directed on package and Pyrex bowl for 60 - 90 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Trim top of cake to make flat (to prevent cracking when flipped)
- Place cakes seperately on cooling racks to cool 3 hours before decorating.
- Put square cake on bottom, add icing to layer, then place round cake on top of square cake (widest side down)
- Insert a clean doll into center of cake (I had to remove the legs, she was just too tall - the pop off pretty easy) and secure her with the icing.
the skirt with icing tinted any color or use more than one color. Use a
decorator tip to make the skirt as fancy as you like and decorate the
top of the doll for the top of the dress also. (I personally went very simple and used just pink, But I added pink sprinkles to give a glitter affect)