Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Drawstring Laundry Bag

So my sister and her boyfriend just graduated high school, so for her graduation present she asked for a drawstring laundry bag. So I went hunting for cute ideas an found this great tutorial and made these adorable bags!!
 This tutorial made for a shorter bag than I was looking for. It called for about 2/3 yard of each fabric. I added the last 1/3 (because I bought a yard of each) onto the end of the bag to make it longer.
I did NOT do the monogramming... while I wish I could get the equipment to do it, I want a serger first! (If you looking for a great monogrammer in Charleston, contact me! She's amazing!)

 

Helpful tip:

Since the front and the back of the top seam were different colors, 
I put the pink thread in the bobbin and the blue thread on top of the machine. 
This way my thread matched the color of the fabric!
 Also, I finally got a label made! I hated not being able to put my name in my creations, so I found a label on namemaker.com that I liked and here is what I got...

No comments:

Post a Comment